The great, overlooked tax policy for getting people to work
- January 2, 2018
- David Neumark, economics, in The Atlantic, Jan. 2, 2018
New research by David Neumark and Peter Shirley of the University of California, Irvine, shows that the effects are not just short-term, either. The EITC does not just boost earnings and reduce poverty rates when it is received, but improves the lifetime earnings trajectories of unmarried women with kids.
For the full story, please visit https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2018/01/eitc-getting-people-to-work/549416/.
Related News Items
- Opinion: 'Natural experiments' lead to an economics Nobel
- The Nobel in economics goes to three who find experiments in real life
- America celebrates Labor Day - but are US workers winning?
- 60% of older workers say being old hurts their future job prospects
- California tax incentive's success is in its failures