How the new sanctuary state law will affect local law enforcement (Audio)
- December 29, 2017
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, via KPCC, Dec. 29, 2017
Louis DeSipio, University of California, Irvine political scientist, said for many local counties that had already limited their cooperation with ICE, the impact of the sanctuary state law should be minimal.
For the full story, please visit http://www.scpr.org/news/2017/12/29/79367/how-new-state-sanctuary-law-will-affect-local-law/.
Related News Items
- Republicans claim victory in two special elections
- Joe Biden must follow Bernie Sanders' example and aggressively court Latinos
- Naturalized citizens could be critical in this fall's election
- For ICE, business as usual is never business as usual in era of Trump
- Most Republicans and Democrats agree: Immigrants make the U.S. a better place to live