How the new sanctuary state law will affect local law enforcement (Audio)
- December 29, 2017
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, via KPCC, Dec. 29, 2017
Louis DeSipio, University of California, Irvine political scientist, said for many local counties that had already limited their cooperation with ICE, the impact of the sanctuary state law should be minimal.
For the full story, please visit http://www.scpr.org/news/2017/12/29/79367/how-new-state-sanctuary-law-will-affect-local-law/.
Related News Items
- Orange County Democrats celebrate recall victory as Republicans look to the future
- Federal government considers two more California sites to house unaccompanied migrant children
- Biden's immigration reform bill could change everything... or not pass at all. Here's what you need to know.
- Biden unveils plan for path to citizenship, history of immigration reform
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021