How the new sanctuary state law will affect local law enforcement (Audio)
- December 29, 2017
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, via KPCC, Dec. 29, 2017
Louis DeSipio, University of California, Irvine political scientist, said for many local counties that had already limited their cooperation with ICE, the impact of the sanctuary state law should be minimal.
For the full story, please visit http://www.scpr.org/news/2017/12/29/79367/how-new-state-sanctuary-law-will-affect-local-law/.
Related News Items
- Most Republicans and Democrats agree: Immigrants make the U.S. a better place to live
- Is Julian Castro the next Obama? That's his pitch, if anyone is listening
- Infighting threatens Westminster's leadership and its Vietnamese American council majority
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- Threatened ICE raids create more political noise than police action