The $15 minimum wage crowd tries a bait and switch
- September 25, 2017
- David Neumark, economics, goes "under the hood" of the $15 minimum wage debate in new Wall Street Journal piece
Does the minimum wage destroy jobs? The debate over that question often reduces to dueling economic studies. One side cites analyses showing that employers respond to a wage floor by cutting hours or jobs. The other side pulls out studies saying the minimum wage is a free lunch for workers. To really understand what’s going on, you need to get under the hood.
Read on, courtesy of The Wall Street Journal (subscription required).
Related News Items
- Opinion: Minimum wages are going up. jobs may disappear.
- Ageist language in job ads discourages older applicants, UCI-led study finds
- Bad news, older tech workers: Job advert language works against you
- Must be 'fit and active' or 'digital native': how ageist language keeps older workers out
- Advancing labor market research