Higher minimum wages will give high tech a boost (Opinion)
- August 22, 2017
- Research by David Neumark, economics, in Bloomberg, Aug. 22, 2017
David Neumark, an economist at the University of California-Irvine, could safely be called a minimum-wage skeptic. Neumark has written a number of papers on the topic …. But unlike many researchers, who maintain a laser-like focus on the question of whether minimum wage cuts jobs in the short term, Neumark has examined the policy from many angles. A recent paper of his, along with Grace Lordan of the London School of Economics, looks at how automation responds to minimum-wage increases.
For the full story, please visit https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-08-22/higher-minimum-wages-will-give-high-tech-a-boost.
Related News Items
- Arianne Cohen: Recession leads to increased workplace ageism against women
- Research and commentary: Delaying minimum wage increase a necessity for the survival of California's businesses
- Newsletter: What rulers are reading
- Women at Google miss out on thousands of dollars as a result of pay discrimination, lawsuit alleges
- The women suing Google over gender discrimination want to expand the lawsuit to a class action