Obama's farewell address was a rallying cry to keep the fight for racial justice going
- January 10, 2017
- Michael Tesler, political science, via MIC, Jan. 10, 2017
"Donald Trump is the first Republican in modern times to win the party's presidential nomination on anti-minority sentiments," Michael Tesler, a University of California, Irvine assistant professor who studies race and voting, recently noted in the Washington Post.
For the full story, please visit https://mic.com/articles/164999/obama-s-farewell-address-was-a-rallying-cry-to-keep-the-fight-for-racial-justice-going#.4sgXFa71q.
Related News Items
- Why are Republicans silent about the Ukraine whistleblower scandal? This one chart explains.
- Opinion: The New York Times omits mention of race from its history of the tea party
- Poll: voters who reject racism are more energized for 2020 than they were in 2016
- For Trump, appeals to white fears about race may be a tougher sell in 2020: Reuters/Ipsos poll
- Opinion: Quiz: Let us predict whether you're a democrat or a republican