For whites sensing decline, Donald Trump unleashes words of resistance
- July 13, 2016
- Michael Tesler, political science associate professor, in The New York Times, July 13, 2016
And during Mr. Obama’s presidency, whites have increasingly seen his policies as freighted with preference toward blacks, according to data collected by Michael Tesler, a political scientist at the University of California, Irvine. Mr. Tesler used polling questions about the causes and depth of racial inequality – such as whether blacks suffer greater poverty because of discrimination or lack of effort – to classify people as either “racial conservatives” or “racial liberals.”
For the full story, please visit http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/14/us/politics/donald-trump-white-identity.html?_r=0&referer.
Related News Items
- What's to stop the House speaker chaos from happening again to the next guy?
- Republicans dislike their congressional leaders. Democrats like theirs.
- Chris Christie should have run for president in 2012
- Chris Christie, Mike Pence, and Doug Burgum are all about to enter the GOP primary -- and that's excellent news for Donald Trump
- Playbook PM: Senate heads toward debt ceiling vote