For whites sensing decline, Donald Trump unleashes words of resistance
- July 13, 2016
- Michael Tesler, political science associate professor, in The New York Times, July 13, 2016
And during Mr. Obama’s presidency, whites have increasingly seen his policies as freighted with preference toward blacks, according to data collected by Michael Tesler, a political scientist at the University of California, Irvine. Mr. Tesler used polling questions about the causes and depth of racial inequality – such as whether blacks suffer greater poverty because of discrimination or lack of effort – to classify people as either “racial conservatives” or “racial liberals.”
For the full story, please visit http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/14/us/politics/donald-trump-white-identity.html?_r=0&referer.
Related News Items
- The falling cost of petrol is good news for Joe Biden
- Should Kansas's abortion vote change expectations for the midterms?
- Why abortion may be a winning issue for democrats
- Biden's approval slump hits a dreary new milestone
- For the first time in years, democrats are more concerned about abortion than republicans are