Orange County finally has an ethics commission – now what?
- June 22, 2016
- Mark Petracca, political science associate professor, on the OC’s new ethics commission via the Orange County Register, June 22, 2016
But UC Irvine political scientist Mark Petracca said he worries that an understaffed office “could doom itself to irrelevance if it doesn’t start on the right note. The original group of people on this commission are going to create the parameters for ethics enforcement in this county,” Petracca said. “I would hate to see the ethics commission being overwhelmed by the minutia of ordinary governmental behavior.
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocregister.com/articles/commission-720187-office-county.html.
Related News Items
- How the Federal Reserve can be used to help the average American
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates