Immigrant parents of US citizens anxiously await Supreme Court ruling (Audio)
- June 22, 2016
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science professor, Southern California Public Radio, June 22, 2016
"Even with a driver’s license and a clean record, an unauthorized immigrant in California could still be deported, and this happens on a regular basis," said Louis DeSipio, a political scientist at University of California, Irvine. "So the fear remains.” DeSipio also points out that anything can happen after the November presidential election. A new administration could change previous immigration policies − even upending a plan like DAPA.
For the full story, please visit http://www.scpr.org/news/2016/06/22/61853/immigrant-parents-of-us-citizens-anxiously-await-s/.
Related News Items
- California could decide control of the House
- Rep. Katie Porter, Scott Baugh locked in tight race in California's 47th congressional district
- Races for Orange County congressional seats too close to call
- Orange County braces for voter storm
- Rounding up some of the most contentious races in Orange County