Will water fight soak utilities?
- June 6, 2016
- Mark Petracca, political science associate professor, in the Orange County Register, June 6, 2016
Democracy can be messy, said a perhaps unsympathetic Mark Petracca, political science professor at UC Irvine. … “ ‘The sky is falling' criticism of what the citizens are doing here is indicative of a district which is unaccustomed to public scrutiny and public oversight for its actions. Sometimes – and honestly, it probably happens too rarely – the public says enough is enough, and this is what you get.”
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-381767-ocprint--.html.
Related News Items
- How the Federal Reserve can be used to help the average American
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates