Democrats increasingly think the Confederate flag is racist. Republicans don’t.
- July 9, 2015
- An op-ed by Michael Tesler, political science assistant professor, is featured in The Washington Post July 9, 2015
From The Washington Post:
A natural consequence of that “racialization” of American politics is that Democrats and Republicans will continue viewing racial controversies like Ferguson, Baltimore and the Confederate flag through very different lenses. … Michael Tesler is an assistant professor of political science at the University of California, Irvine.
For the full story, please visit http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/monkey-cage/wp/2015/07/09/democrats-increasingly-think-the-confederate-flag-is-racist-republicans-dont/.
Related News Items
- Should Kansas's abortion vote change expectations for the midterms?
- Why abortion may be a winning issue for democrats
- Biden's approval slump hits a dreary new milestone
- For the first time in years, democrats are more concerned about abortion than republicans are
- Why do GOP lawmakers still oppose legalizing weed?