Everything you need to know about L.A.’s record-setting wage increase
- June 1, 2015
- Research by David Neumark, economics Chancellor’s Professor, is mentioned in Refinery 29 June 1, 2015
From Refinery 29:
Will the increased minimum wage lift poor Angelenos out of poverty? ... UC Irvine economics professor David Neumark falls on the latter side of the argument; he stressed in a Wall Street Journal commentary that there’s no solid evidence loftier minimum wages reduce poverty.
For the full story, please visit http://www.refinery29.com/2015/06/88269/los-angeles-minimum-wage-increase-union-exemption#.ikt5ij:eMrP.
Related News Items
- Opinion: Minimum wages are going up. jobs may disappear.
- Ageist language in job ads discourages older applicants, UCI-led study finds
- Bad news, older tech workers: Job advert language works against you
- Must be 'fit and active' or 'digital native': how ageist language keeps older workers out
- Advancing labor market research