Only Muslims can change the world’s view of Islam (Opinion)
- January 26, 2015
- An op-ed by Mohammed Wattad, visiting political science professor, is featured by The Jerusalem Post Jan. 26, 2015
From The Jerusalem Post:
The recent massacre of journalists from the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris recalls the 2006 Danish cartoons that depicted the Prophet Mohammad as a terrorist. Meant to further debate about criticism of Islam and self-censorship, the caricatures were met with violent protests by Muslims worldwide…. The author, [Mohammed Wattad], is a visiting assistant professor at the University of California, Irvine, Department of Political Science.
For the full post, please visit http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Only-Muslims-can-change-the-worlds-view-of-Islam-389043.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...
- Want a less partisan senator? Elect a former governor. (op-ed)