Obama: Move fulfills America's promise to immigrants, families
- November 22, 2014
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science professor, is quoted in The Arizona Republic Nov. 22, 2014
From The Arizona Republic:
Republicans already have been exploring ways to try to block Obama's immigration action from taking effect. … Louis DeSipio, a professor of political science at the University of California, Irvine, predicted that little would come of GOP threats. "My guess is there is going to be a lot of huffing and puffing and outrage, but I don't think they're going to do very much," DeSipio said.
For the full story, please visit http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/immigration/2014/11/20/obama-immigration-reform/70028236/.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...