1960s experiment left mark on social sciences
- May 19, 2014
- Bill Maurer, social sciences dean and anthropology and law professor, and Robert Kett, anthropology graduate student, are featured in the OC Register May 19, 2014
From the OC Register:
The research was sparked by a compelling set of black-and-white photographs of “the Farm,” a bizarre and failed experiment that took place at UC Irvine over about six months in 1968 and 1969. It wound up as the focus of an art exhibit and then a book, “Learning by Doing at The Farm,” published this year by UCI doctoral students Robert Kett and Anna Kryczka…. Given the long-standing conservative image of Orange County, the photos of people making crafts in a communal setting on undeveloped ranch land at UCI are both intriguing and strange.
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocregister.com/articles/farm-614247-uci-experiment.html.
Related News Items
- D.C. is now enforcing its cashless business ban: What that could mean for you
- You can't even pay people to have more kids
- You deserve a great nap
- Khan named Social Sciences Alumni Academic Excellence Scholar
- LA Latinos took a big financial hit during the pandemic. Here's how some are trying to bounce back