Vote for Fontein
- October 26, 2011
- Andrew Fontein, UCI men's soccer goalkeeper and business econ major, is a finalist for Lowe's Senior CLASS Award
UC Irvine men’s soccer goalkeeper Andrew Fontein is one of 10 national finalists for the 2011 Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award. An acronym for Celebrating Loyalty and Achievement for Staying in School, the honor recognizes student-athletes who use their platform in athletics to make a positive impact in their communities.
Fontein, a senior business economics major from Las Vegas, set the UCI single-season record with 11 shutouts last year. The Anteater career-record holder had four shutouts in UCI’s first 11 games this season, including a 2-0 win at Big West Conference rival UC Santa Barbara Oct. 1. He also volunteers with several youth soccer programs in the area.
Fans may cast their votes daily through November 14 at www.seniorCLASSaward.com. Fan votes will be tallied with those from coaches and media to determine the 2011
award recipient. The winner will be announced at the Men’s College Cup which takes
place December 9 and 11 in Hoover, Ala.
-courtesy of UCI Athletics
Related News Items
- Soc sci shoutout: Kyle Sanders, '23 business economics
- Soc sci shoutout: Orion Pettit, '23 psychology
- Soc sci shoutout: Morgan Dickinson, '23 psychology
- UCI study finds mortality in prisons increased 77% during pandemic
- Tobar's Our Migrant Souls named among The New York Times, TIME Magazine, Amazon and Audible best book lists in 2023