UCI named among 'Best in the West' by Princeton Review
- August 4, 2011
- One of 121 institutions recommended in the rankings
UCI is one of the best colleges in the West, according to The Princeton Review, a nationally known education services company. It's among 121 institutions recommended in the "Best in the West" section of "2012 Best Colleges: Region by Region," posted online Aug. 1. The Princeton Review calls UCI "a serious public school in sunny Orange County and a good fit for studious undergrads looking to benefit from the University of California's famous faculty and ample research opportunities." It adds: "Because the campus attracts the best and the brightest, students at UC Irvine can say hello to a Nobel laureate on the way to class and then see an Olympic gold medalist practicing with the women's volleyball team in the same afternoon."
Related News Items
- Language Science Ph.D. student presents work at the annual meeting for the Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- The U.S.-China tariff failure of 2019
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- Focus of Fed trading furore shifts to Powell's activities