Indian Banking Giants Rush to Microfinance Market through Mobile Banking
- February 4, 2011
"Microfinance Focus, January 13, 2011: India’s largest private sector bank ICICI bank Ltd and mobile network giant Vodafone Essar have inked a pact on Wednesday to drive financial inclusion in India by offering mobile banking to the un-banked and under-banked population in the country.
Meanwhile, India’s largest public sector bank, State bank of India too has joined hands with telecommunication company Bharti Airtel to offer mobile banking to India’s unbanked millions."
Related News Items
- Graduate student Niels Dickson to present at BUCLD 46
- Rents are rising again, making it hard to find an apartment
- U.S. acts decisively to protect Asian Americans - but drags its feet on protecting Black Americans
- Jenks recognized for outstanding undergraduate teaching
- Sarnecka appointed as social sciences associate dean of graduate studies and research