Indian Banking Giants Rush to Microfinance Market through Mobile Banking
- February 4, 2011
"Microfinance Focus, January 13, 2011: India’s largest private sector bank ICICI bank Ltd and mobile network giant Vodafone Essar have inked a pact on Wednesday to drive financial inclusion in India by offering mobile banking to the un-banked and under-banked population in the country.
Meanwhile, India’s largest public sector bank, State bank of India too has joined hands with telecommunication company Bharti Airtel to offer mobile banking to India’s unbanked millions."
Related News Items
- Usman receives grant to study recidivism program in Pakistan
- Oil prices hang in the balance ahead of Iran nuclear talks, but experts don't expect a breakthrough
- The distinctiveness of disease explanation
- What is a merchant account?
- Research and commentary: New Hampshire Senate rejects minimum wage hike proposal