Sanchez vs. Van Tran – another Democratic seat up for grabs?
- October 14, 2010
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies department chair and political science associate professor, is interviewed live on Southern California Public Radio’s Pat Morrison Show October 13, 2010
From Southern California Public Radio:
Democrats may outnumber Republicans in California’s 47th district, but Democratic Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez is facing strong opposition in candidate Van Tran, who is Vietnamese-American, for her seat. Van Tran is behind in campaign contributions, but has strong Republican support behind him and is counting on the 18% of district voters who are Asian. We preview the race and tonight’s debate. Guest: Louis DeSipio, associate professor of political science and chair of Chicano/Latino Studies at the University of California, Irvine, and the author of Counting on the Latino Vote: Latinos as a New Electorate.
Audio is available online at http://www.scpr.org/programs/patt-morrison/2010/10/13/tran-vs-sanchez/.
Related News Items
- Graduate student Niels Dickson to present at BUCLD 46
- Rents are rising again, making it hard to find an apartment
- U.S. acts decisively to protect Asian Americans - but drags its feet on protecting Black Americans
- Jenks recognized for outstanding undergraduate teaching
- Sarnecka appointed as social sciences associate dean of graduate studies and research