Is consciousness part of the fabric of the universe?
- September 25, 2023
- Don Hoffman, cog sci, Scientific American, Sept. 25, 2023
[Donald] Hoffman, [professor emeritus], cognitive scientist at the University of California, Irvine, who also addressed the workshop via Zoom, advocates rejecting the idea of spacetime and looking for something deeper. (He cited the increasingly popular idea in physics lately that space and time may not be fundamental but may instead be emergent phenomena themselves.) The deeper entity related to consciousness, Hoffman suggests, may consist of “subjects and experiences” that he says “are entities beyond spacetime, not within spacetime.” He developed this idea in a 2023 paper entitled “Fusions of Consciousness.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-consciousness-part-of-the-fabric-of-the-universe/.
Related News Items
- Testing a time-jumping, multiverse-killing, consciousness-spawning theory of reality
- What you see and feel is not reality | Dr. Donald Hoffman | EP 387
- Donald Hoffman has proof that reality is an ILLUSION!
- Spacetime is not fundamental
- Proving ancient wisdom through mathematics | with Prof. Donald Hoffman