The Fed pauses rate hikes again; no relief for housing market
- September 20, 2023
- Eric Swanson, economics, NerdWallet, OC Register, Sept. 20, 2023
The Federal Reserve pressed pause on its campaign of interest rate hikes Wednesday …. "There's a lot of monetary policy tightening already in the pipeline, and that is starting to have effects on the labor market and on inflation," says Eric Swanson, an economics professor at the University of California, Irvine. "I think they want to wait and see how that plays out a little more and to get a little more data before they decide whether to raise rates again."
For the full story, please visit https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/mortgages/fed-pause-mortgage-rates-9-20-23.
Related News Items
- The impact of Federal Reserve policy on the Fed's financial conditions index
- U.S. government on brink of widespread shutdown
- A debt ceiling breach would be bad bad bad bad bad
- State of U.S. economy amid banking failures and debt ceiling debate
- Economic expert predicts that despite Fed's lower rate hike, more ahead