The 10 best COVID-19 face masks to mitigate airborne illness
- August 15, 2023
- Bernadette Boden-Albala, CPIP and public health, Verywell Health, Aug. 15, 2023
Bernadette Boden-Albala, MPH, DrPH, director [and founding dean] of the UCI Program in Public Health at the University of California, Irvine explains that masks can still be beneficial in crowded public areas like in hospitals, on public transit, or at events like sports games and concerts. … A disposable surgical mask should typically be used once and is great for activities in public settings. But if you’re up close and personal with people, such as visiting family members, Dr. Boden-Albala recommends wearing an N95.
For the full story, please visit https://www.verywellhealth.com/best-covid-style-face-masks-7571258.
Related News Items
- National Academies report identifies ways to reduce intergenerational poverty in US
- Researchers from eight UCs converge on Irvine campus for deep dive on demography
- This year's flu shot 'good match' for current strains, CDC says
- Food insecurity, diabetes, and perceived diabetes self-management among Latinos in California: Differences by nativity and duration of residence
- Building the next generation of population scholars