Participation and cultural relevance, keywords in health care services
- June 13, 2023
- PRIME-LC, Al Dia, June 13, 2023
“Many Latinos don’t trust the U.S. healthcare system due to generations of trauma and challenges when accessing healthcare,” pointed out [Dr. Sarah] López, [Chief Medical Officer at Zócalo Health] who was part of the first Medical Education Program for the Latino Community (PRIME-LC) at the University of California, Irvine, an initiative focused on training highly qualified physicians who are culturally competent and dedicated to serving the diverse population of Southern California.
For the full story, please visit https://aldianews.com/en/leadership/corporate/healthcare-en-espanol.
Related News Items
- UC physician training program adds diversity, but where do graduates end up?
- Medicine for the Latino community: PRIME-LC graduates at UC Irvine
- Commentary: COVID-19 reveals need to increase diversity among California physicians
- Surprise! UCI holds graduation ceremony for athlete who fell ill (Video and slideshow)