State of U.S. economy amid banking failures and debt ceiling debate
- May 2, 2023
- Eric Swanson, economics, explains in this interview with CNN's Rosemary Church (video)
The U.S. economy is taking hits from banking failures and the lingering debt ceiling debate. CNN's Rosemary Church talks with UC Irvine economics professor Eric Swanson for perspective.
Related News Items
- Inflation is nearly back to 2%. So why isn't the Federal Reserve ready to cut rates?
- The impact of Federal Reserve policy on the Fed's financial conditions index
- U.S. government on brink of widespread shutdown
- The Fed pauses rate hikes again; no relief for housing market
- A debt ceiling breach would be bad bad bad bad bad