Rethinking the student experience in prison education programs
- October 15, 2022
- UCI LIFTED, Open Campus, Oct. 15, 2022
“I have been surprised by the challenges of the academic bureaucracy and how those rival the challenges of the prison bureaucracy,” said Keramet Reiter, criminology professor at University of California, Irvine. She is the director of LIFTED, the first prison bachelor’s program in the University of California system.
For the full story, please visit https://www.opencampusmedia.org/2022/10/15/rethinking-the-student-experience-in-prison-education-programs/.
Related News Items
- LIFTED pilot program gives inmates chance to pursue bachelor's degree at UC Irvine
- A lesson in solidarity
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program