What is inflation? Can it be stopped?
- August 11, 2022
- Eric Swanson, economics, LinkedIn News, August 11, 2022
Prices have been rising across the United States, causing concern about the state of the economy. But what caused this spike in inflation? And what can stop it? I spoke with economist Robert Fry, Ph.D., and the University of California, Irvine economics professor Eric Swanson, Ph.D., to discuss the sources of inflation, what the government is doing to stop inflation and the future of this inflation period. Swanson said three primary factors contributed to today’s inflation – supply chain disruptions left over from the pandemic, domestic demand from stimulus packages, and higher food and oil prices.
For the full story, please visit https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/what-inflation-can-stopped-get-ahead-by-linkedin-news/.
Related News Items
- Inflation is nearly back to 2%. So why isn't the Federal Reserve ready to cut rates?
- The impact of Federal Reserve policy on the Fed's financial conditions index
- U.S. government on brink of widespread shutdown
- The Fed pauses rate hikes again; no relief for housing market
- A debt ceiling breach would be bad bad bad bad bad