San Clemente council votes to pull abortion ban from next meeting
- August 6, 2022
- Tony Smith, poli sci, KABC (City News Service), Aug. 6, 2022
UC Irvine political science and law professor Tony Smith characterized the move as "cheap political theater." … “Even city residents who believe abortion should be outlawed don't want their City Council deciding what rights they do and don't have.'' … UCI law professor Michele Goodwin [said], "There can be no such thing as an abortion-free community in the state of California where one's rights according to the state constitution and legislative enactment are in force and in place,'' Goodwin said.
For the full story, please visit https://abc7.com/amp/los-angeles-mike-feuer-prohibit-misinformation/12105291/.
Related News Items
- San Clemente abortion resolution toothless, experts say
- Resolution, if passed, would make San Clemente 'abortion-free zone'
- Moore v. Harper: The gerrymandering case that could radically alter U.S. democracy
- KNX in depth: Supreme Court term ends with rulings on two more major cases
- Supreme Court ruling on immigration