The Note: NUMBER OF THE DAY, powered by FiveThirtyEight
- August 4, 2022
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, ABC News, Aug. 4, 2022
58. That's the percentage of independents who think abortion should be legal in all
or most cases, per polling data from Civiqs, and as FiveThirtyEight contributor Michael
Tesler, [UCI professor of political science], writes, there is evidence of a shift
in attitudes on abortion toward Democrats post the Supreme Court's decision to overturn
Roe v. Wade. Even more Republicans are saying abortion should be legal in more circumstances.
Read more from Michael on why abortion might be a potent wedge issue for Democrats
in the 2022 midterms and beyond.
For the full story, please visit https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-picks-roil-gops-senate-outlook-note/story?id=87893839.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...