Resolution, if passed, would make San Clemente 'abortion-free zone'
- August 4, 2022
- Tony Smith, poli sci, ABC 10 (City News Service), Aug. 4, 2022
UC Irvine political science and law professor Tony Smith characterized the move as "cheap political theater.” This is akin to The Little Rascals putting on a show," Smith said, referring to group of child actors who starred in a series of comedy short films from 1922 to 1944. "There's nothing to this, no capacity for this to be successful. "And this is absolutely not what any city voter wants their City Council to be doing. Even city residents who believe abortion should be outlawed don't want their City Council deciding what rights they do and don't have."
For the full story, please visit https://www.10news.com/news/resolution-if-passed-would-make-san-clemente-abortion-free-zone.
Related News Items
- Musk's partisan tweets call Twitter neutrality into question
- KNX In Depth: President Biden and Donald Trump on campaign trails ahead of election day
- In California's redrawn 47th district, the House race is a toss-up (Video)
- How the Federal Reserve can be used to help the average American
- San Clemente council votes to pull abortion ban from next meeting