Veronica Vieira serves as co-author and committee member for new PFAS Guidelines
- July 28, 2022
- Veronica Vieira, public health and CPIP, National Academies and CNN Health, July 28, 2022
Veronica Vieira, PhD, professor and chair of environmental and occupational health, served an integral role in the newly released “Guidance on PFAS Exposure, Testing, and Clinical Follow-up,” which was developed by the National Academies: Science, Engineering, & Medicine. According to the guidelines, people at high risk of PFAS exposure should be tested for adverse health effects.
National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine – PFAS Exposure Committee.
Related News Items
- Food insecurity, diabetes, and perceived diabetes self-management among Latinos in California: Differences by nativity and duration of residence
- Higher accessibility to tobacco and cannabis retailers found in Black and Hispanic communities may increase use
- Effect of socioeconomic factors during the early COVID-19 pandemic: A spatial analysis
- Building the next generation of population scholars
- UCI Center for Population, Inequality, and Policy receives funding boost