Fed raises interest rates
- July 27, 2022
- Jack Liebersohn, economics, KTTV-TV Fox 11 News, July 27, 2022 (Video)
Economists don’t all agree on the way interest rates impact inflation but the belief is the higher rates will help lower inflation. UC Irvine economics [assistant] professor, Jack Liebersohn, explains why. “What most people think is that when interest rates go up then people will spend less and firms will also borrow less and make less investment. And that reduction in overall consumption and overall demand will put less pressure on the economy and inflation will fall,” says Liebersohn.
For the full story, please visit https://mms.tveyes.com/MediaCenterPlayer.aspx?u=aHR0cDovL21lZGlhY2VudGVyLnR2ZXllcy5jb20vZG93bmxvYWRnYXRld2F5LmFzcHg%2FVXNlcklEPTEwNjY2ODEmTURJRD0xNzY5NTUxOSZNRFNlZWQ9NjU0OSZUeXBlPU1lZGlh.
Related News Items
- Here's what we do and don't know about the effects of remote work.
- Why student housing is earning high marks from developers
- Liebersohn and Erel honored for groundbreaking research on underrepresented entrepreneurship and business ownership
- Southern California housing market cools
- It's official: Remote work is going to make it easier to buy a home