What made Anaheim’s chamber tick?
- July 14, 2022
- Gary Richardson, economics, Voice of OC, July 14, 2022
Gary Richardson, a professor of economics at UC Irvine, said in a phone interview last week that Chambers of Commerce in the U.S. go back hundreds of years to colonial times. “Chambers of commerce have for hundreds of years just advocated for rules and laws that would help business prosper. That’s the main thing they do. That’s the main thing they’ve always done,” Richardson said.
For the full story, please visit https://voiceofoc.org/2022/07/what-made-anaheims-chamber-tick/.
Related News Items
- A "default on our debt" would be unprecedented in American history
- We are central profile: Fed historian Jonathan Rose
- The British pound just plummeted: What it means for the U.K., tourists
- The Federal Reserve's 12 districts reflect an economy that no longer exists
- The lure of fishing, a Federal Reserve chair and Jackson Hole