Columbine. Sandy Hook. Parkland. Uvalde. What do we do now?
- May 27, 2022
- David Meyer, sociology, The Christian Science Monitor, Yahoo News, May 27, 2022
David Meyer, a professor of sociology, from the University of California, Irvine who has written about the gun regulation movement, says the anti-abortion movement demonstrated a number of points that the anti-gun violence advocates should keep in mind. It accepted that social change could take a long time. It showed persistence matters. It learned that public opinion helps, but is not definitive. It was unafraid of partisan politics. It did not ignore the courts.
For the full story, please visit https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2022/0527/Columbine.-Sandy-Hook.-Parkland.-Uvalde.-What-do-we-do-now.
Related News Items
- What the gun control movement can learn from the antiabortion movement
- The Climate 202 - Pressure points. The climate scientists are not all right
- The climate scientists are not alright
- A lesson in solidarity
- The Canadian truckers' 'freedom convoy' disrupted life and blockaded borders. Did the protest succeed?