Why do GOP lawmakers still oppose legalizing weed?
- April 20, 2022
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, explains in this piece for FiveThirtyEight
Today is 4/20, the holiday for stoners and weed enthusiasts around the world. Legalizing marijuana is no longer a fringe issue championed mainly by those partaking in the day’s festivities either. ... In fact, a majority of registered voters in all 50 states now favor making cannabis legal, according to state-level polling data from Civiqs. … GOP lawmakers’ ongoing opposition to legalization is clearly at odds with the viewpoints of many Americans, as most voters now support legalizing marijuana for recreational use.”
Read on, courtesy of FiveThirtyEight: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-do-gop-lawmakers-still-oppose-legalizing-weed/.
Related News Items
- The falling cost of petrol is good news for Joe Biden
- Should Kansas's abortion vote change expectations for the midterms?
- Why abortion may be a winning issue for democrats
- Biden's approval slump hits a dreary new milestone
- For the first time in years, democrats are more concerned about abortion than republicans are