How being more mindful about your alcohol consumption can help you access your “downstate”
- April 19, 2022
- Sara Mednick, cog sci, Thrive Global, April 19, 2022
Sara Mednick, professor of cognitive sciences writes, “Ask yourself one question: If your Upstates and Downstates were in the right ratio, would you need that drink? If you had had a full night’s sleep, woke up in the morning to the sun in your face, made time for a workout or a lunchtime walk with a friend, ate healthy meals, and took a five- to ten-minute break during your day for some deep breathing, how would you feel at five p.m.?”
For the full story, please visit https://thriveglobal.com/stories/how-being-more-mindful-about-your-alcohol-consumption-can-help-you-access-your-downstate/.
Related News Items
- Stressed and tired: Neuroscientist pens book on solutions
- Why is it hard to sleep in the heat? Experts explain.
- Recent brain research on the rejuvenating power of sleep
- In a world where we're all burned out, your 'downstate' can change everything--here's how
- 445: The science of sleep | Dr. Sara Mednick