How to activate your “ease” button
- April 18, 2022
- Sara Mednick, cog sci, Good Life Project, April 18, 2022 (Podcast)
How can you downregulate your mind and body and reclaim control over everything from your current state of mind to your sleep, risk of illness and even how fast or slow you age? … [We can] actively bring ourselves into what my guest today, Professor Sara Mednick, calls the downstate. Sara is a cognitive neuroscientist at the University of California, Irvine and author of the powerful new book, The Power of the Downstate: Recharge Your Life Using Your Body’s Own Restorative Systems. She is passionate about understanding how the brain works through her research into sleep and the autonomic nervous system.
For the full story, please visit https://www.goodlifeproject.com/podcast/sara-c-mednick-phd-how-to-activate-your-ease-button/.
Related News Items
- Stressed and tired: Neuroscientist pens book on solutions
- Why is it hard to sleep in the heat? Experts explain.
- Recent brain research on the rejuvenating power of sleep
- In a world where we're all burned out, your 'downstate' can change everything--here's how
- 445: The science of sleep | Dr. Sara Mednick