Opinion: Trump poses a test democracy Is failing
- April 13, 2022
- Sara Goodman, poli sci, The New York Times, April 13, 2022 (Opinion)
In a March 2022 paper “Good Citizens’ in Democratic Hard Times,” Sara Wallace Goodman, [associate professor of political science], of the University of California, Irvine examined the growing disagreement among voters over what the obligations of a good citizen are. Goodman compared voter attitudes on what constitutes “good citizen” norms in 2004 and in 2019. A strikingly high level of agreement between Republicans and Democrats in 2004 had nearly disappeared by 2019, according to Goodman’s research ….
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/13/opinion/trump-democracy-decline-fall.html.
Related News Items
- Why format changes to U.S. citizenship tests are concerning for applicants with low English skills
- US citizenship test changes are coming, raising concerns for those with low English skills
- Democracy, then and now
- Pandemic Politics: The Deadly Toll of Partisanship in the Age of COVID
- Masking could fight the 'tripledemic', experts say. Will anyone listen?