Voter guide for Hispanic and Latino/a students
- March 31, 2022
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, Best Colleges, March 31, 2022
Louis DeSipio, professor of political science and Chicano/Latino studies at University of California, Irvine says, "There is much attention in the media as to whether the Latino vote is shifting (modestly) away from the Democrats. My take is that the evidence to support this movement is sparse; young adults will be the test. The message of the Democratic Party speaks more to young Latino adults than their parents. If the Democrats want to show their support among Latinos in 2022 and 2024, they will invest in mobilization efforts focused on Latinos, particularly young adults and the newly naturalized."
For the full story, please visit https://www.bestcolleges.com/resources/hispanic-latino-student-voter-guide/.
Related News Items
- Targeting Latino voters in the world we now live
- Orange County was the heart of California conservatism. Now it's up for grabs.
- 20 Western Hemisphere nations sign Los Angeles Declaration on migrants despite key absences
- Orange County election results: Spitzer reelected as DA, Supervisor seat headed for runoff
- Orange County voters head to polls with plenty of choices