Pandemic exodus from Los Angeles
- March 24, 2022
- Jan Brueckner, economics, KNBC, March 24, 2022 (Video)
UCI Distinguished Professor of Economics, Jan Brueckner, has done a lot of research on this topic. He explains work from home is one of the big reasons people left major cities in 2021 when COVID-19 forced employees to work remotely. “People are leaving high housing cost areas, like LA, San Francisco and New York, while keeping their jobs in those places, but relocating to cities that are cheaper.”
Request a copy of the video by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related News Items
- 'Suburban housing prices increased due to WFH'
- Housing crisis, pandemic reshaping Southern California population
- Amid housing crunch, officials want Orange County to stay the way it is
- Airlines have a recipe to reach zero emissions by 2050. The key ingredient: cooking oil
- FAA research grants aim to tackle aviation's massive deficit of greener fuel