Resolve to sleep more - how I plan to make my days more productive
- January 20, 2022
- Sara Mednick, cog sci, Longevity, Jan. 20, 2022
This is something I've learned from Sara C. Mednick, [professor of cognitive sciences], who is a sleep researcher at the University of California, Irvine. In her TED talk, Sara starts by saying that we should be taking daily, weekly, and yearly breaks and breaks are a part of a productive life. Later in the talk, she says that a cup of coffee only makes us falsely believe our performance will improve. Her research shows that a daytime nap actually improves our performance. Sometimes, a 90-minute nap improves our performance as if we slept for a whole night.
For the full story, please visit https://vocal.media/longevity/resolve-to-sleep-more-how-i-plan-to-make-my-days-more-productive.
Related News Items
- Stressed and tired: Neuroscientist pens book on solutions
- Why is it hard to sleep in the heat? Experts explain.
- Recent brain research on the rejuvenating power of sleep
- In a world where we're all burned out, your 'downstate' can change everything--here's how
- 445: The science of sleep | Dr. Sara Mednick