OC sees highest COVID positivity rate yet as hospitalizations continue increasing
- January 7, 2022
- Alana LeBron, Chicano/Latino studies, Voice of OC, Jan. 7, 2022
Orange County’s positivity rate is also the highest it’s been during the pandemic,
so far. … Vladimir Minin, a [professor of statistics], at UC Irvine who’s been tracking
case rates and hospital trends, said he expects more than 1,000 people hospitalized
in OC at some point. “We will see hospitalizations in the thousands for sure in January.
Maybe even exceeding our records from last December and January,” Minin said …. Alana
LeBrón, a UCI public health [assistant] professor who researches public health inequities,
said the testing crisis is going to hit poor and minority communities hard. … “If
it’s taking hours to actually be tested, we know those are critical barriers,” LeBrón
For the full story, please visit https://voiceofoc.org/2022/01/oc-sees-highest-covid-positivity-rate-yet-as-hospitalizations-continue-increasing/.
Related News Items
- OC's Latino community remains behind on COVID-19 vaccines one year later
- Opinion: LeBron: Learning from COVID-19 vaccine equity missteps, keys to COVID-19 vaccine equity for Orange County's 5-11 year old children
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- UCI center will dig into environmental justice issues in Orange County's vulnerable communities
- UCI public health launches Center for Environmental Health Disparities Research