SoCal Congress members recall Jan. 6 insurrection, fear for nation’s future
- January 6, 2022
- David Meyer, sociology, Spectrum News 1, Jan. 6, 2022
UC Irvine sociology professor David Meyer said it will be key to see what justice
is meted out in the coming year. "The thing to watch over the next year is, one, who
gets punished, and, two, who gets amnesty in effect, social and political amnesty
and what do institutional conservatives do?" Meyer said. … “What is "surprising is
that institutional Republicans who are supposed to have a stake in the survival of
the republic are throwing in their lot with people trying to overturn an election,"
For the full story, please visit https://spectrumnews1.com/ca/san-fernando-valley-ventura/politics/2022/01/06/socal-congress-members-recall-jan--6-insurrection--fear-for-nation-s-future.
Related News Items
- Earth Matters: Climate activists must get bolder; 46% of new electricity plants will be solar in '22
- Time is running out. Here's how the climate movement can level up.
- SoCal Congress members recall Jan. 6 insurrection, fear for nation's future
- Some say Occupy Wall Street did nothing. It changed us more than we think
- UCI sociologists are making their mark