Early polls for 2022 favor Newsom
- September 26, 2021
- Tony Smith, poli sci, Spectrum 1 News, Sept. 26, 2021
Tony Smith, a University of California, Irvine, professor of political science and
the law, said Republicans can be competitive in statewide elections but lack a clear
message. The trend he’s seen has been the consolidation of the party on right-wing
values …. Republicans are failing to get a coherent message across, he said, because
of the party’s “identity crisis.” “It’s hard to imagine it being a competitive race
given what happened,” Smith said. “There would have to be an abject economic disaster.”
For the full story, please visit https://spectrumnews1.com/ca/san-fernando-valley-ventura/politics/2021/09/25/early-polls-for-2022-favor-newsom.
Related News Items
- San Clemente council votes to pull abortion ban from next meeting
- San Clemente abortion resolution toothless, experts say
- Resolution, if passed, would make San Clemente 'abortion-free zone'
- Moore v. Harper: The gerrymandering case that could radically alter U.S. democracy
- KNX in depth: Supreme Court term ends with rulings on two more major cases