Orange County Democrats celebrate recall victory as Republicans look to the future
- September 15, 2021
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, Spectrum News 1, Sept. 15, 2021
“The Republicans had an opportunity because of the pandemic and because of some of the personal failings of Gavin Newsom, and they failed to capitalize,” said Louis DeSipio, a political science professor at the University of California, Irvine. “And I think they face a harder road in 2022 than they otherwise would.” DeSipio added that it would be a mistake to take lessons from the results and apply them to national sentiments about abortion policy or the 2024 presidential election.
For the full story, please visit https://spectrumnews1.com/ca/la-west/politics/2021/09/15/orange-county-democrats-celebrate-recall-victory.
Related News Items
- Federal government considers two more California sites to house unaccompanied migrant children
- Biden's immigration reform bill could change everything... or not pass at all. Here's what you need to know.
- Biden unveils plan for path to citizenship, history of immigration reform
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump