Orange County Democrats celebrate recall victory as Republicans look to the future
- September 15, 2021
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, Spectrum News 1, Sept. 15, 2021
“The Republicans had an opportunity because of the pandemic and because of some of the personal failings of Gavin Newsom, and they failed to capitalize,” said Louis DeSipio, a political science professor at the University of California, Irvine. “And I think they face a harder road in 2022 than they otherwise would.” DeSipio added that it would be a mistake to take lessons from the results and apply them to national sentiments about abortion policy or the 2024 presidential election.
For the full story, please visit https://spectrumnews1.com/ca/la-west/politics/2021/09/15/orange-county-democrats-celebrate-recall-victory.
Related News Items
- Targeting Latino voters in the world we now live
- Orange County was the heart of California conservatism. Now it's up for grabs.
- 20 Western Hemisphere nations sign Los Angeles Declaration on migrants despite key absences
- Orange County election results: Spitzer reelected as DA, Supervisor seat headed for runoff
- Orange County voters head to polls with plenty of choices