Irvine makes top 10 list of fastest-growing cities in U.S.
- August 12, 2021
- Jan Brueckner, economics, Laist, Aug. 12, 2021
Irvine, a bustling business hub recognized for its safety and schools, has landed on the top 10 list of the country’s fastest-growing cities — the only place in California to make the cut, according to U.S. Census data released Thursday. ... Jan Brueckner, an economist at UC Irvine, said job growth estimated at 30% over the past decade is driving much of the city's expansion. Companies as diverse as Taco Bell, Activision and Edwards Lifesciences are all headquartered there. He said that Irvine embodies agglomeration economies. “Those are the benefits from being near other businesses that are doing similar things," Brueckner said. “There are exchanges of ideas where you have spillovers of knowledge and creativity across firms.”
For the full story, please visit https://laist.com/irvine-make-top-10-list-of-fast-growing-cities-in-u-s-census-data-shows.
Related News Items
- Housing crisis, pandemic reshaping Southern California population
- Pandemic exodus from Los Angeles
- Amid housing crunch, officials want Orange County to stay the way it is
- Airlines have a recipe to reach zero emissions by 2050. The key ingredient: cooking oil
- FAA research grants aim to tackle aviation's massive deficit of greener fuel