Stuck in a rut? Sometimes joy takes a little practice
- June 29, 2021
- Belinda Campos, Chicano/Latino studies, NPR, June 29, 2021
To help pull out of the pandemic blues, it's time to start "practicing" positive emotions …. All you need is about five to 10 minutes, says psychologist Belinda Campos, [professor, Chicano/Latino Studies], at the University of California, Irvine. "Hopefully it wouldn't take people as much effort as it does to eat healthier or to exercise," she says. "Positive emotions feel good. I think people will find them rewarding enough to return to them and keep doing them."
For the full story, please visit https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/06/29/1010319240/stuck-in-a-rut-sometimes-joy-takes-a-little-practice.
Related News Items
- For some California Latinos, the abortion debate was not a 'real conversation' -- until now
- 2022 Latino Excellence and Achievement Awards Dinner featured on Acceso Total on Telemundo
- Joy as an antidote to burnout
- UCI Experts On: Health and Happiness
- For Mother's Day, homesick immigrants flood Western Unions to send money to their moms