Nonprofit turning motel into housing for homeless as part of O.C. effort to build 2,700 units by 2025
- June 16, 2021
- Research by Rachel Goldberg and Dave Snow, sociology, Daily Pilot, June 16, 2021
Supportive housing is widely considered to be the key to ending chronic homelessness. A 2017 study by UC Irvine, Jamboree Housing and Orange County United Way found that it costs twice as much for someone to live on the street than to house them.
For the full story, please visit https://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-pilot/entertainment/story/2021-06-16/jamboree-housing.
Related News Items
- O.C. housing agencies face hurdles fulfilling 'unprecedented' number of housing vouchers before they expire
- A lesson in solidarity
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program