Despite motel conversions, Orange County remains far behind housing goals
- December 15, 2022
- Research by UCI sociologists Dave Snow and Rachel Goldberg, Voice of OC, Dec. 15, 2022
According to city officials, 97% of residents in both projects during the past year continued to stay in permanent housing. And based on UC Irvine’s homelessless cost study from 2018, the city says the conversions save taxpayers as much as $21 million per year.
For the full story, please visit https://voiceofoc.org/2022/12/despite-motel-conversions-orange-county-remains-far-behind-housing-goals/.
Related News Items
- The Wiley Blackwell Encyclopedia of Social and Political Movements
- O.C. housing agencies face hurdles fulfilling 'unprecedented' number of housing vouchers before they expire
- A lesson in solidarity
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside