Has California’s leading recall warrior become a political player?
- May 15, 2021
- Tony Smith, poli sci, Spectrum News 1, May 15, 2021
Even so, University of California, Irvine political science professor Tony Smith said now is not a good time for a fledgling Republican political career to survive. "If I were an up-and-coming politician in California and thought I had a future, the last thing I would do is start by losing," Smith said. "Once you're associated with losing, it's very hard to raise money from donors."
For the full story, please visit https://spectrumnews1.com/ca/la-west/politics/2021/05/15/has-california-s-leading-recall-warrior-become-a-political-player-.
Related News Items
- Court-packing or term limits? Why any SCOTUS reform is highly unlikely
- Has California's leading recall warrior become a political player?
- Opinion: Redistricting might gain Republicans a few seats in Congress. Their real gains will be in state legislatures.
- Former gov. Gray Davis on potential Newsom recall: "There's no Arnold Schwarzenegger"
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021