The souls of white folk
- May 14, 2021
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, The Economist, May 14, 2021
Michael Tesler, [associate professor, political science], of the University of California,
Irvine, notes that Barack Obama’s victory set off a fresh exodus of whites away from
the Democrats. “It took the election of the first black president for some white Americans
to work out that the Democratic Party is the party of non-whites,” he says.
For the full story, please visit https://www.economist.com/special-report/2021/05/14/the-souls-of-white-folk.
Related News Items
- America's racial awakening forces Virginia Military Institute to confront its past - and future
- Asian Americans fastest-growing racial group in US: Pew research
- Why the recent violence against Asian Americans may solidify their support of democrats
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump