It's complicated: Why some northwest Latinx residents and farmworkers hesitate on COVID vaccine
- April 23, 2021
- Vanessa Delgado, sociology, NW News Network and Oregon Public Broadcasting, April 23, 2021 (Audio)
Vanessa Delgado is a Ph.D candidate in sociology at the University of California, Irvine, where she studies the interactions between children and their immigrant parents. She says many times it takes children convincing their parents to get the vaccine. … “This is work that millions of (children of immigrants) here in the U.S. are doing in order to make sure that their parents get the best resources that they can,” she says.
For the full story, please visit https://www.nwnewsnetwork.org/post/its-complicated-why-some-northwest-latinx-residents-and-farmworkers-hesitate-covid-vaccine.
Related News Items
- Delgado wins student paper prize for work on children of undocumented immigrants
- How to get your degree, from 3 undocumented students
- You can succeed at college once you figure out all the little things no one tells you about
- Attending the National Conference for Black Political Scientists
- A lesson in solidarity